Monday, November 14, 2011

Two Months!

Yesterday was two months since Amelia was born. I cannot believe that much time has already gone by. I still feel like this is all surreal! We had another photo session to mark her second month of life yesterday, but she was decidedly less cooperative than she was last month. Here are a few of the photos, including one I took today, too.

Amelia and her adorable Guess Baby outfit from Grandma Wittrock:
Amelia getting ready to karate chop the scrabble tiles and pull her bow over her face:
Posing on the Minnie chair, which she can no longer lay on because she's too long:

The biggest challenge for me has been looking at her by her gestational age instead of her birth age. Since she wasn't due until November 1, we are supposed to look at that as the date for her developmental milestones. It's hard when she is two months old by her birth day, but I can only expect her to do the things a two week old baby is doing. Luckily for us, one thing she does do well is sleep for a 5-6 hour stretch almost every night. Unfortunately right now that period usually ends around 2am, when she decides she wants to be awake, and gets very upset if we put her down!

Speaking of her gestational age, I didn't get to take the traditional belly shots in the later weeks, so Amelia and I posed for one on her due date, at 40 weeks: