Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crafty Time

I've been tossing around the idea of starting a craft blog for a while. I am at my best when I am allowed to be creative, and I love it when people ask me to help them on projects. I can't wait for Amelia to have fun school projects to complete so I can help her like my mom helped me. It must be in my genes to be crafty and creative. I can remember my mom helping me with various school and scout projects as I was growing up. She always helped fuel my creativity, and pushed me to go the extra mile for projects. I think that's why I have been itching for an outlet.

I started looking at projects on Etsy this summer, and recently joined Pinterest. I may have an unhealthy obsession with both of these sites lately, but I've been having a lot of fun gathering new ideas for crafts. Tim gets annoyed when I ignore him while I'm pinning, but he has benefitted from my exploration as well, as I have found many easy recipes for dinner and I have been trying them out on him. For a girl who hates cooking, it's a big deal for me to be excited about preparing a meal.

My goal is to post pictures (and directions) of some of the crafts I am doing while I am home on maternity leave. It's a good life I lead... I cuddle with a beautiful baby and create and read... and that's about it.

First up? Projects from Amelia's room.

I saw some cute silhouette pictures on etsy, and decided to give them a try for Amelia's walls. We have a Disney theme in her room, so I found pictures of a few Disney characters and printed them out. Then I cut around them and traced them onto scrapbook paper. I cut these out, and glued them onto contrasting papers and voila! I had four cute silhouettes for her wall!

I know I have a closer picture of these somewhere, but I can't find it right now...

No comments: