Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Amelia Update

I just realized I typed that entire previous post and forgot to update on how Amelia is doing. She is still in her incubator because she is not maintaining her body temperature without help. She gained weight yesterday for the first time after maintaining for the previous two days. She is now 4lbs., 3.7oz. She is feeding really well (breastfeeding when I'm there, and bottle feeding when I'm not). She has had very few apnea/bradycardia episodes, and she is a feisty girl. On Sunday, she pulled her NG (feeding) tube out of her nose twice. They put it back in for the times when she doesn't get a full feeding in orally, and they put mitts on her hands to keep her from pulling it out again. I'm convinced that she will find a way to get rid of it again though.

We are very lucky that we have such a strong, healthy little girl in our lives. I told Tim that it's a little bit weird to watch your husband fall head over heels in love with another girl. Lucky for her I'm in love with her as well so I can't even be jealous.

No comments: