Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Is Here!

Well it snuck up on my faster than I could have imagined, and now it's already December.  I can't believe this year is almost over!  My internal clock is now based on Amelia's birthday, and I am having a hard time believing that she is already 11 weeks old.  I'm having an even harder time believing it's been almost three months since I spent a day at work with my students.  I am also struggling to remember what it's like to work full time.  Sigh.  In one month, I'll be getting my back to work clothes laid out!

As much as I love my class, and teaching, I would rather stay here with Amelia.  I find myself getting a bit possessive of her with others.  Even Tim.  I just don't want to share her, especially knowing that I am going to have to leave her so soon.  I never thought I would feel this way.  I was so sure that I would be able to have her, get cleaned up, and get back to the classroom, knowing that she was in good hands with whoever I left her with, but that's not the case.  I'm going to go ahead and assume it's all the hormones that make me so very attached.

It also helps that she looks like this:
Seriously?  I made that?

I have a feeling that I will spend my entire first day back crying and checking my phone every five minutes to make sure everything is ok.  In the meantime, I have crafts to get done, a house to scour, and books to read.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It's so hard to go back. I didn't know I was attached until I went back to work and I never thought I would feel that way. Pretty much I have to pretend that I don't have a baby while I am at school so that I don't get depressed. If there is any possible way to still nurse her during the day then do it. I'm blessed to have Joseph close by so that I can do that. It makes a huge difference when I can see him during the day.