Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Craft 2

I love the holidays, and I love to give gifts.  This year I made crafty gifts for my teacher friends instead of giving out the usual bags of delicious but fattening candy.  My goal was to give them something they could use in their classrooms, so I made "Santa"tizer. I also made them teacher emergency kits, but I'll save those for another day since Amelia is going to want to eat soon.

I saw this idea on Pinterest, but there was no link to how they were created, just a picture.  So here they are, step by step.

Supplies:
hand sanitizer (I got mine at the dollar store because they were $2 each at Wal-Mart)
red paper
black paper
silver paper
white paper
double stick tape
clear labels

Step One:
Measure your sanitizer bottles, and cut your red card stock into strips that are tall enough to wrap around, but leave room for the white fringe at the bottom.
Step Two:
Scallop the edges of strips of white paper, and attach to the red paper with double stick tape.

Step Three:
Wrap the "coat" around the bottle, and attach with double stick tape.  My mom used hot glue on some of hers, but the glue made the paper bumpy, so I used tape.
Step Four:
Cut belts out of black paper and belt buckles out of silver paper.  I cut slits in the silver squares I made and threaded the black paper through, then attached them with more double stick tape.
Step Five:
Print your message onto clear labels and attach to the fronts!


Easy, inexpensive, and a great gift for teachers!





No comments: