Friday, February 8, 2013

Lost Sleep, New Projects


Has anyone else ever lost sleep because of a great idea rattling around in your head?

This morning, my dear husband woke up an hour early for work.  Normally I hear his alarm, and go straight back to bed.  This morning, however, I decided to sneak out of bed while he was in the shower and leave him a little note in his computer bag.  He's been really stressed out with work lately, and Amelia's cling-on phase (which he is sadly left out of).  After my mission was complete, I got back into bed to spread out and stick my feet in all the cold places in the sheets.

That's when the idea started rattling.  A few days ago, my mom and I talked about making a maternity countdown t-shirt because I have not taken any belly shots yet and I want to make sure I start before I get too far along.  Now I found a few different ones online (priced anywhere from $27-$39) but I don't want to pay that much.  I also found about a dozen different tutorials.  I think I'm going to experiment with my cricut and try to cut some letters out of fabric so I can iron them on.  Now to get this all done before Tuesday so I can wear it on our trip when I will reach 18 weeks!

**We now interrupt this post for a breaking news story**

As I was typing this, Amelia got the miniature bottle of hand sanitizer off of the diaper bag and brought it to me.  When I saw it, I asked her if I could have it, and put it back on the diaper bag...

MELTDOWN ensued.

Since she was mad already, I changed her diaper.  That did not help.

She's been rolling around on the playroom floor screaming for more than 7 minutes now.

Terrible twos, you're not supposed to be here yet!

I guess my project will wait.  :)

No comments: