Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Overload!

There is no doubt that Amelia is my daughter. She devours books at a faster rate than I do these days (granted, hers are a lot shorter). Every morning and every night she takes stacks and stacks of books off of her shelves, toddles over to me, cautiously backs up until her booty is within range, and plops down on my lap. She lets me read most of her books all the way through. She loves her princess storybook, but really just wants to thumb through the pages and see the pictures.

She also likes to sit in her princess chair and read. She does the same backward shuffle to make sure she won't miss the chair. It's one of my favorite things to watch her do.

Sometimes Tonks joins us and listens in. These mornings are amazing. My girls and I.
At night, Tim joins us. Amelia is going through a phase where Daddy is allowed to read the books, but Mommy has to hold them and Amelia has to be in my lap. This gets tiring, especially since by the end of the day I'm ready for a break, and Tim is ready for some Amelia time. I'm trying not to get frustrated by this because I know that one day soon she will reject my lap altogether.

For now I'll cherish this time together, and hopefully create a lifelong lover of books.

No comments: